February 24, 2012

Days 8-14

Day 8
 "G" is for Grandma . . . 
a scrapbook from my granddaughters that keeps their art work and letters.

Day 9
My lovely mousepad in my favourite colour.

Day 10
 This I know to be true.

Day 11
Love is patient, love is kind . . .

Day 12
 I love to make my own soup . . . this one is Beef and Cabbage.  
I also have tubs of Parsnip, Ginger and Leek and a lovely Butternut Squash Soup in my freezer.  

Day13
 A favourite shot from my long-awaited walk in Surrey Lake Park.  

Day 14
First robin sighting of spring.

" On fair Britania's isle, bright bird, a legend strange is told of thee,
"Tis said thy blithesome song was hushed while Christ toiled up Mount Calvary.
Bowed 'neath the sins of all mankind and humbled to the very dust
by the vile cross, while viler men mocked with a crown of thorns, the Just.
Pierced by our sorrows, and weighed down by our transgressions . . . faint and week
crushed by an angry judge's frown, and agonies no word can speak.
"Twas then, dear bird, the legend says, that thou, from out His crown
 didst tear the thorns, to lighten the distress
and ease the pain that He must bear, while pendant from thy tiny beak, 
the gory points thy bosom pressed and crimsoned with the Saviour's blood, 
the sober brownness of thy breast.
Since which proud hour for thee and thine, 
as an especial sign of grace, God pours like sacramental wine,
red signs of favour o'er thy race.
  ~  Delle W. Norton


2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful start to a personal journey, and I'm so thankful I get to peek from behind the curtains through the windows of your life! Which I like best here???? Hard to pick. But the robin is my favorite. Here I am so far south in Florida, and I always wait for the Robins who find their way here in the winter, trying to run ahead of the freezing weather. They quickly strip my cherry laurel trees of their berries, take a long sip of water, a bath in the puddles and say thank you very much and they are on their way. Thank you for sharing, Andrea. I loved being here today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea indeed! I am so pleased to follow along! Your Flourish of Art and Word are always encouragingly lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate your comments . . . thanks for stopping by.